Thursday, March 11, 2021

Here come the one-year anniversaries...

11 March 2021: Facebook reminds me that today is the one-year anniversary of the last "in-person" non-teaching event I've done on campus: the "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" fundraiser for a student with cancer. The title of that post I've linked to--"Bittersweet"--rings true 365 days later. 

Yet today has been a good day. I got a lot of work done. The weather in insanely beautiful--we're talking "open windows, short sleeves, gym-shorts-wearing-in-the-house" kind of beautiful. In a little while, I'll watch the women's b-ball team play (online, still no in-person access). Tonight there's good TV to watch. And tomorrow's Friday. 

So even as this is the week when the anniversaries have started to hit, better days seem to be ahead. We keep ticking along in our new world...

No comments: