Monday, March 8, 2021

Anticipating Spring

 8 March 2021: Just the other day, I noticed these flowers working their way up on a patch of garden near my front door. A literal and metaphorical sign of better times, I think.

I have never anticipated a spring like this one. In "normal" times, it's my favorite season. This year, the promises of better weather, more time outside, this vaccine in my veins, and so many signs of hope out there fill me with a quiet thrill. (Less and less "quiet" each moment, I suppose.)

The CDC's new guidelines for vaccinated people, released just today, almost made me weep. I texted Erin, saying "we can hang out without masks and distancing!" I texted Hannah that, in a few weeks, we can hang out with an (unvaccinated) Cory. Even before today's guidelines, I was elated over getting to hang out with just a (fully vaccinated) Hannah. 

Come on, spring! Come on, hope!

No comments: