Monday, March 1, 2021

In like a lion...

1 March 2021: When we think about the cliché that March comes in like a lion, we are usually talking about the weather. Well, we do have both a flood warning and a wind advisory here tonight, but so far, March has been leonine in other ways, too. Long, busy, and sometimes tense and frustrating day at work. And I find myself quite worried about a beloved former student who appears to be in a very bad place. 

Still, as I drove home today after over eleven hours on campus, I saw the end of a heck of a sunset across the sky. Then I reminded myself how lovely it was that it was still light out (kind of) after 6:00. Glimpses of beauty and reminders of hope and endurance. So here we go, March. (And you know I am here for the "out like a lamb" part of that cliché.) 

No comments: