Thursday, September 8, 2022

Energy levels: up!

8 September 2022: Today was definitely better than yesterday, with some good unexpected news about the University's proposed mission statement (it sounds silly, but it matters), a good meeting about the National Writing Project, and some decent work accomplished on my entry on Emma Lazarus. Moreover, I got to address one thing weighing on my mind all week: mowing the lawn. It was too hot or rainy to do it this weekend and too busy for me to do it the rest of the week. And it was getting long, which makes me anxious, especially since I don't have time to do it tomorrow or Saturday (work stuff). But I made it home by just before 5, the weather was almost perfect, the grass was pretty dry, and I got it done. 

Here's the part that makes me really pleased, though: after all of that--a long day, doing the lawn--I still have plenty of energy left, physical and mental. I made dinner, did some other chores, and then plowed through the rest of the items on my to-do list, finishing just after 10:00. I can't think of the last time--especially since COVID--that I've had the energy to go this hard. Feels good. 

Now, I am coughing a bit right now and that's not fun (and since I got COVID, a night of coughing usually means a sore throat and congestion to the next morning), but I'll take some medicine in a bit and hope for the best.

Anyway, here's some photo documentation of a certain GrayBaby who prefers a night where I don't keep working on the computer. He's doing his best to disrupt...


No comments: