Thursday, September 22, 2022

Strategic planning...

22 September 2022: Got a lot done today on campus today (not enough, but a lot!). Got a flu shot after work. Came home and mowed the lawn. (These Thursday evening mows have been really nice--three weeks in a row with great weather and good vibes for getting it done.) Did some more reading. Now I am watching the Yankees (could Aaron Judge hit 61 tonight?) and getting ready to do a bit more grading. 

I don't like doing too many of these laundry list posts, but they seems dominant lately. 

And really, there's just one moment I keep thinking about: a phone conversation with one of my favorite colleagues where I thanked her for all she's done on this huge project that got dumped into her lap. In a much lesser role, it got dumped on me, too, and it's not been great--and there hasn't been much recognition. So maybe that was on my mind, too, when I thanked her for all she's done--and she's been through some stuff along the way--and literally felt myself getting emotional. Like, I know my voice changed and she could sense it. It was silly, perhaps, to feel that way over something as dumb as this project is. But I am glad I let her know that I saw her, appreciated her, and am so grateful for her. I hope it helped. 

No comments: