Sunday, December 31, 2023

Best of 2023...

31 December 2023: Last night, I was sitting here thinking, "hmm, wonder where Jo is..." Right as I finished the thought, she jumped up out of nowhere (making that little meow she makes when she's excited) and I just burst out laughing. 

She is an absolute chaos agent. Still does parkour as she moves through spaces. Still chomps on whatever she wants to. Still steals all kinds of stuff. Still moves (small) furniture around through sheer will. She is also pure joy and life. Every night when I take my bath, she comes in and drops either a ball of paper (her favorite toy, still) or a toy mouse on the floor and then settles in on a towel on the ground. I am one of her favorite things (along with balled up paper) and that fills me with such delight.  

Jo has been the best gift to me (and Veronica, though she wouldn't admit it) in 2023. It was a hard, long year, but this little one is the undisputed and consistent bright spot. It will be a melancholy New Year's Eve, I think, but she and Veronica will make it sweeter.

No comments: