Thursday, January 7, 2021

Dark days...

7 January 2020: Still at a loss for words to describe what happened yesterday. A devastating display of white privilege, racism, toxic masculinity, and the fear and hate Trump and his GOP enablers have fostered for years. Everyone should have seen this coming. It's devastating. It's terrifying. It will be inexcusable to go back to "normal" after this with no accountability. 

It's sometimes so easy to love this great country. Most of the time, in fact, if you don't think too hard about it. But sometimes it is so hard. As a privileged white woman, well, I can't imagine what Black folks are going through. 

And the pandemic rages on and on and he does nothing.

Impeach him. Invoke the 25th. He has to go. (They won't, but they have to try.)

(I write this for myself, as a kind of record for the day(s). I know it's not profound or original or even that interesting. But I wanted to get it out.)

No comments: