Friday, August 14, 2020

Testing...

 14 August 2020: Got my mandatory COVID test today. (It was fine--didn't have to use the long swab; my eyes watered a bit, but it was fine.) Shepherd had a smooth operation going--friendly volunteers, very little waiting, everything clear and pretty easy. The nursing student who administered my test was so kind and pleasant. Of course, I always have a soft spot for our nursing students--my heart kind of swells when I see them in their scrubs. 

As I was walking back to my office, I stopped for a moment, ostensibly to fix my mask, put my earbuds back in, etc. But really, I had to stop and collect myself because the whole experience moved me so. Here was our lovely little community in action and in person, something I haven't seen in person since March. Here they were, working hard on a complicated and long task because they love this place, they love this community, they want to keep people safe, and they want this re-opening to work. 

That last part seems the most tenuous, of course. But the other parts? So lovely and bittersweet to see. A reminder of how much I love Shepherd and all of these folks. 

No comments: