Thursday, July 9, 2020

Morning walks...

9 July 2020: “When we walk, we are brought back to ourselves again, immersing our awareness in the body and all its sensitivities, creating space for the mind to breathe and explore and play” --Andrew Forsthoefel, Walking to Listen

Finished this engaging book today and circled back to the start, typing up notes for this year's Common Reading Essay Contest prompts and thinking about how I might use it in my ENGL 204 class. Today was also a day that I got up early and took my walk before starting the "work" part of my day. While I'll never be a fan of getting up early, morning walks can be transformative, a quiet, meditative way to begin the day. (Plus, nighttime walks--the only hot summer day alternative--are more likely to be gloomy, I think?)

No comments: