Friday, May 1, 2020

Spring 2020 Grading: DONE!

1 May 2020: Just finished grading one last (late) paper and calculating/submitting my last set of grades. So I am done with the weirdest semester and the hardest year of my career. Throughout, the teaching remained my greatest joy. I have no idea how I will feel about anything (?) tomorrow, but for now, some chair-dancing is called for.

On a day when two of my podcasts were about Billy Joel, this track, an emotional roller-coaster of a song, one that had me kind of sobbing at the end (when it moves back to the opening frame about six minutes in) the first time I played it today, feels like the right choice.

(Also missing New York, Italian restaurants, hanging out with friends in restaurants, and my dad, who loves the heck out of this song...)




No comments: