Monday, March 30, 2020

Back at it...

30 March 2020: A rather dizzying day with classes resuming online. Can't complain as it felt good to be busy and getting stuff done--and, most of all, to be hearing from my students again.

Thought I'd share some "This Is Just To Say" poems that my 204 students shared online. (We do this in person every semester, but it worked even better this way.)

“This Is Just to Say”

I have totaled your brand new car

And which

you probably spent all of your savings on 

Forgive me

I got distracted while bumping to Jonas Brother throwbacks 


“This Is Just to Say”

I have the power

to do as I please


And I can take the

"normal"out of peoples lives


Forgive me for I am

the corona disease


"This is just to say"

I have been stuck inside

Looking out the window at the big blue sky

As I stare a bird passes by

And which a tear falls from my eye

Forgive me

This quarantine is whack


I would like my life back

No comments: