Thursday, September 5, 2019

"What Happens Right Before Your Best Employee Quits"

5 September 2019: A colleague posted this a couple of day ago (and a good colleague, so yikes!) and I can't stop thinking about it. We barely two weeks into the semester but, boy, I've never seen morale so low and so many folks beaten down and frustrated. Let me say that the teaching part and the working with students part (i.e., the reason for the job!) remains the best part for all of us. And that love for our students makes everything else harder...

So what do you (we) do? No easy answers, but I think tonight I am going to go to a happy-hour thing that a colleague organized and hang out with people who believe in the work we do, people I care about very much, people who make my life better. That will be a good reminder of what we've got going for us.

No comments: