Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Roller-coaster day...

4 September 2019: Some parts of today were so good--my classes, a meeting with my practicum students, and, most wonderfully, an invitation to serve as the speaker at UNCG's December PhD hooding ceremony. That last one made me so happy. Within minutes of getting that email, though, all employees also got a seemingly out-of-nowhere email about a travel-funding freeze (yikes). And there is/was other stuff that isn't so great.

But I still made myself leave work when my office hours were over at 6:00, though I could have stayed later--and would have stayed later not too long ago. I had brought a change of clothes with me so I could stop by the C&O and walk before I went home. So I changed, left campus, got a good walk in, and came home.

So yeah: a roller-coaster of a day, indeed, but focusing as much as I can on the good stuff and taking the time to treat myself/practice some self-care.

No comments: