Thursday, January 4, 2018

Record Breaker...

4 January 2018: I've been to two Shepherd women's basketball games this season and at both games Morgan Arden, a senior, broke records. In the game I saw just before Christmas, not only did she win the game with a buzzer-beating three-pointer (one of the most thrilling live sports moments I've ever seen), but she also became the all-time leading scorer in Shepherd history. It was amazing.

Tonight, she scored 40 points and broke the Shepherd record for most points in a game. It, too, was amazing. My favorite part, though, was watching her face tonight as she realized how "on" she was, sinking basket after basket (so many from downtown, too!), hitting nothing but net. I leaned over to Amy and said, "Look how much fun she's having." But it was so charming because she was also trying to keep a game-face on. I am sure it's a night she'll remember for a long time. And I'll remember how much fun it was to watch her having fun.

No comments: