Sunday, September 22, 2024

"One More Try"

22 September 2024: 


The way this song had a hold on 10/11-year-old me! It's wild to think about that--how it filled me with what I thought were very grown-up emotions. The way I remember specific moments when the camera pulls in on his so-very-handsome and tortured face! Like, when this came on Youtube today, I still knew when they were coming. 

Extra wild? It's still so moving to me. I am not sure I have listened to it from start to finish in years there are so many movements that are crushing. 

"...who just is unwilling to try...So cold...inside."  

But that final moment? When he says, "Maybe...just one more try..."? Something that undercuts the five and a half minutes before it, but also seems heartbreakingly inevitable? So good. Sigh--just as wistfully as 36 years (!) ago.  

No comments: