Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Revolution routine...

3 September 2024: I think BabyCat and I finally have her monthly (at least in spring/summer months) application of Revolution down to a workable routine. (Jo is not a dream when it comes to this process; so squirmy!) 

Anyway...

As soon as Veronica knows something is up, she hides under the guestroom bed. I shut the door. I gently poke her with a grabber I got for reaching high stuff (ha) and she eventually crawls out and sits on the chest by the bed, cowering and howling, and looking terrified and miserable, but also resolved. 

I brush her for a while and she relaxes. Then I put her in my lap (slowly, gently at every step) and brush her some more. 

Then I put the Revolution on. 

Then she is free to go. 

She hates and loves it and it's all so weird and perfectly "BabyCat and me." But it's so much less dramatic and messy than it usually is. 

And I am also often humming, singing, and sometimes playing our song.


No comments: