Friday, June 16, 2023

Session D stairwell thoughts...

16 June 2023: There was a moment today--in the midst of a busy advising session, when I was walking a piece of paper down to the room where I could get an override entered for a student--when I thought to myself, "God, I love this." 

And then I sort of laughed because remembered how hard this week (month? year?) has been in many aspects of my work life. And how hard things are going to be for the University for the next couple of years (at least). 

I sort of smiled to think that I had forgotten all of that in the moments before--in fact, during the entire time I was advising incoming students this morning. And I was so grateful for the good parts--always the best parts: working with students. What a blessing that the good parts will--in every way--help us through the hard parts.

Then I got my head back in the game, got the override approved, and headed back upstairs. 

No comments: