Sunday, January 1, 2023

Manifesting Capitola Vibes...

1 January 2023: "Now, had Capitola run there is little doubt but that, in the blindness of his fury, he would have caught and beat her then and there. But Cap saw him coming, drew up her tiny form, folded her arms and looked him directly in the face. This stopped him; but, like a mettlesome old horse suddenly pulled up in full career, he stamped and reared and plunged with fury, and foamed and spluttered and stuttered before he could get words out" (Southworth 258).

I have never read E.D.E.N. Southworth's The Hidden Hand before, but I am reading now for the book and my goodness, it is fun and so silly, but in great ways. And I am going to do my best to channel Capitola when obstacles come my way in 2023. 

Work Cited

Southworth, E.D.E.N. The Hidden Hand. 1888. Oxford UP, 1997.


No comments: