Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Quarantine pop-over...

23 August 2022: My parents are in the area this week and Erin and the girls drove out to have lunch with them today for my dad's birthday. Of course, I couldn't join them, but they all swung by after so we could exchange gifts (my gift for my dad, "Annie and Sugie's" birthday gift for me) and they could drop off a take-out dinner. I stood on the porch in my mask and my parents stood in the driveway, with Erin and the girls on the lawn by the sidewalk. It was nice to see them because (already!) I am feeling a bit lonely. "Over three more days to go?" I said to myself not too long ago?

Of course, I am not alone completely. Had a good phone conversation with Vogel, texts from friends, and Wes is always here. (BabyCat also lives here.)

Speaking of BabyCat, this gift (again, "from" Annie and Sugie) is a custom-made depiction of my reticent little queen. It's a reclaimed slate from a barn in Beverly, MA (where Lucy Larcom is from!).

No comments: