Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Ready for them to be back...

16 August 2022: Sitting at home this evening, after a 10 hour day on campus, I could hear the Ram Band (mostly the drums) practicing over on campus. This always makes me smile. And I realized that having the students back and having classes start up will make my mood, my mind, and my existence a lot better.* Will it also be busier and more frantic? Sure, but the rest of it more than balances that out. It is, as I always point out, the best part of the job--the reason the whole job exists. 

*I do feel--like I have most recent summers--like I didn't do enough for fun or even take a real "break." It's hard not to be sad about that, why it keeps happening, and what it says about my life, but no need to prolong summer just so I can spend more time with nothing fun to do. 

No comments: