Sunday, March 6, 2022

Almost here...

6 March 2022: It's gotten into the 70s here today, so I opened the front window for Wes and Veronica. They almost immediately jumped to sit in it, even looking like they like each other. (She loves him, he [barely] tolerates her.) Wish I had gotten a picture. 

Later, when I got back from working on campus for most of the morning/early afternoon, I sat in the living room, holding Wesley, watching Veronica watch the birds, and just thinking about how spring is almost here. The earliest flowers are out. Others are peeking through. And it will get cold again. Might even snow again before all is said and done on this year's winter. But spring is coming. I sat here and scratched my old boy's neck as he purred and leaned into me. 

Felt filled with so much: gratitude, relief, sadness, uncertainty, and weariness mixed with faith in rebounding energy. 

No comments: