Friday, March 18, 2022

A bit of balance after all...

18 March 2022: Early this afternoon, I heard that the meeting I thought I had at 3:00 had been canceled, so I could have work/campus-free afternoon at least one day during Spring Break. Amy and I went to see Umma, my first time back in a theater since the Omicron variant. (It wasn't a great movie, but Sandra Oh makes everything better.) Then we had an early dinner and headed back to Shepherdstown. The weather is perfect, so I took a quick walk about the block to finish my steps. Now sitting here with the window opening, Wes sleeping on the back of the chair behind me, BabyCat sleeping by the window. Watching Jeopardy! with plans to watch a couple more things before heading to bed. Still quite a few things to knock off my to-do lists, but do feel a bit more energized, at least emotionally, to get them done. 

Not a perfect day or entirely "break-y" break, but it was something.  

No comments: