Sunday, June 27, 2021

Early feedback...

27 June 2021: I sent the framework of the book proposal to the series editor this morning. I still have to complete some sample entries (planning on three) but he had offered to read this part when it was done. He responded with some feedback this afternoon (!). I was hanging out with Cory and Hannah when it arrived and I almost didn't check it in case it was...bad. 

But it wasn't. Here's my favorite line: "While it's possible I might do some light editing when the final arrives - and I'm not even sure that will be necessary - this proposal will certainly pass muster at [insert publisher name]!" My goodness, that's nice to read. 

He says his only real concern right now is that I should up the word count to 140-160K to cover what I say I am going to do. Gulp! 

No comments: