Saturday, June 5, 2021

Feel Good

5 June 2021: Feel Good, whose second season dropped yesterday, is such a little miracle a show, something that couldn't exist before this age of TV. It's so remarkably specific and precise you marvel at its existence and especially the fact that a second season exists. 

I re-watched Season One today (only 6 episodes, each less than 20 minutes, so it flies by). I found myself so moved by it again--and moved in so many ways. Mae's mess of a life, with moments of love and beauty punctuated by such pain and insecurity--I almost want to watch it through my fingers like a horror movie at times. And there's a mirror there, too, that makes me feel seen, thrilled, and sad all at once. It's not perfect but what it does that works? It works so very well, at least for me. And those last two words in the previous sentence? The fact that they fit this show? See above about it being a little miracle.

Now working my way through Season Two...

No comments: