Thursday, April 22, 2021

Never do the math...

22 April 2021: "Never do the math," I always tell myself when I think about what's left to grade each semester. But I always end up doing the math anyway. I ran the numbers today and boy, does it seem manageable right now, helped by:
  • Good planning (spacing things out) 
  • Smaller than usual classes, a consequence of COVID room restrictions and weird scheduling
  • Only teaching three of them, thanks to my course release for Senate). 

Here's what's left:

ENGL 406 Critical Essays (12-15 pages each): 5 of these (got one done early!), coming in tomorrow
ENGL 204 Final Exams (essays and short answer): 12 of these, coming in on Wednesday
ENGL 301 Final Exams (essays and short answer): 8 of these, coming in on Monday
ENGL 406 Presentation Grades: 6 of these; quick and easy; a week from tomorrow

So this math makes me feel pretty good, which I appreciate since the math involved in "what I've got to get done once the semester ends" is a bit terrifying...

No comments: