Friday, June 19, 2020

A bit of everything...

19 June 2020: This summer has been much busier than I ever could have anticipated early in the Spring semester (when I usually just begin thinking about what I'll try to get done and how I'll spend my time). I've had several big tasks dropped on me, so those in and of themselves have changed my perspective on what I can accomplish (though I am still holding onto my main research goals).

Beyond that, though, the way these big tasks work their way into every day means my days are rather eclectic. Today alone I had conferences with my summer students, advising work to do (though no meetings with those students), appointments with my colleagues, and so many emails to respond to.

Tucked into a quiet hour here and a quiet 45 minutes there, I managed to get some reading and even a bit of writing done. That felt great. I just need to find more ways to do it...

(I realize that old "balance" initiative of mine is pretty much...dead for now. It's complicated, but for now, I think it's okay. Work keeps me from thinking about other things, I guess.) 

No comments: