Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Whew...

9 June 2020: I sat here for 15 minutes trying to decide on a post title. We'll go with that silly bit of inelegance above. Things have been low-key crazy since Friday. Busy, too, with a thousand different--wildly different tasks. Yesterday, I managed it all with real skill and grace, until some really upsetting and discouraging emails last night. Today started out rough and stressful, but some really promising developments lifted my spirits and now, though I still feel a bit overwhelmed, I am not as discouraged and sad. (Have to keep it all vague...)

One other factor: Orientation for first-year students started this week, but thanks to COVID, it is very different. All one-on-one appointments, all via Zoom or over the phone. It's been going well, but I miss the normal way. Trying to focus on the good part, though: interacting with students excited to start Shepherd.

No comments: