Wednesday, September 19, 2018

"Balance" Update #2

19 September 2018: [Maybe there will be a series of posts on this subject? We'll see...]

I made myself a ridiculously long to-do for today. Like a list that guaranteed coming home to a couple hours of work (or staying in the office until 8:00). And for most of the day, I was plugging along, getting stuff done.

At about 2:00, I got an email from Amy (who was also in the midst of a long and frustrating day) suggesting that we take care of an errand in Martinsburg and then go see a movie we knew would be bad but that she still wanted to see.* I took a look at my list and said, "Yeah. Let's do it."

Still worked until 6:30, but then hopped in her car and off we went. Got home by 9:45 or so, took a walk, sent some emails, watched Jeopardy! on the DVR and, well, here we are. Those items on the list that I didn't get to? Well, they'll get done tomorrow. It will be okay.

*Only $5 at the cheap theater--totally worth it.

No comments: