Saturday, September 29, 2018

Service learning...

29 September 2018: After I got some work done this morning, Amy and I spent four hours this afternoon doing some service-learning hours with our GWST students at a women's shelter in Martinsburg. The students painted a long hallway on the first floor and Amy and I cleaned four apartments and got them ready for new inhabitants. We closed out our shift organizing piles of donated toiletries. (I loved that part the most because I am, well...me.)

It was such a cool experience. I never really thought about the fact that the people who work at these places often do all of the work and that includes the cleaning and maintenance. To be able to pitch in for just a few hours made a difference in their work load. And I can't stop thinking about the three women who will soon move into those apartments we got ready for them today.

No comments: