Saturday, June 8, 2024

Veronica at 9

8 June 2024: I actually took this video of BabyCat last night, before her unofficial birthday today. From the very beginning, she's been such an interesting cat to just watch--which is a good thing, considering her "look but don't touch" policy. And I think she actually often loves being watched--and spends just as much time watching me. 


Anyway, if you listen closely you can hear Brandi Carlile's "Beginning to Feel the Years" playing in the background. The lyrics seem to work for me and this nut I have been trying to crack for nine years.

"You carry me along with you
Keep my spirit strong, you do
Maybe I was meant to be
Under your lock and key
The hard times that I had
Really, don't seem all that bad
Yesterday is long ago and far away

And I'm beginning to feel the years
But I'm going to be okay
As long as you're beside me along the way
Gonna make it through the night
And into the morning light..."

No comments: