Monday, April 29, 2024

Tiny triumph!

29 April 2024: I haven't used the grill in two summers--a sign of how "off" things have been since COVID when it comes to my social life. 

When I tried it last year, it wouldn't light up and I gave up very quickly, leaning into the emo symbolism of it all. 

But I'm hosting a Sigma Tau Delta potluck here on Thursday and decided to give it another try yesterday. 

And it didn't work (again). 

So I was thinking I'd have to buy a new one. (And yes: there was propane in the tank.)

But then sitting here this evening, I determined to try one more time. Got down in there, disconnected some things, cleaned some things up, reconnected the things and...it worked! Bring on the hotdogs! 

Let's hope this tiny triumph is a harbinger of good things to come this summer, at least on the culinary front. 

No comments: