Thursday, July 28, 2022

"I was still thinking about the last poem..."

28 July 2022: "Participants at the community reading  [a 2004 marathon reading of Dickinson's works] were seriously engaged as they read; one organization after another took its place in the circle of chairs and became absorbed in the poetry as if settling into a study group. One of my favorite moments was when a young woman's turn came to read and she sat studying the page. 'Oh,' she said, when she looked up and saw us waiting for her, 'I was still thinking about the last poem'" (Hart 81).

Can you tell I am onto my Dickinson entry now? 

Work Cited

Hart, Ellen Louise. "May the Circle Be Unbroken: Reading Emily Dickinson After 9/11." Wider Than the Sky: Essays and Meditations on the Healing Power of Emily Dickinson, edited by Cindy MacKenzie and Barbara Dana, Kent State UP, pp. 69-82.

No comments: