Sunday, July 11, 2021

Summer balance update

11 July 2021: Didn't do a lick of work yesterday. Filled the day with anything but. And it was wonderful. (Did the same the second half of Friday, too.) I did start to feel itchy about it by Saturday evening, but like, in the back of my mind. 

Today, I got back at it, working for a few hours up on campus. Got stuff done. Check, check, checking things off my lists. The proposal is almost done. I think I'll sent it off this week. Working through applications for the provost search. Already thinking about the next tasks. I like this summer rhythm I've let myself take on: mostly done working for the day by 4:00. One day a weekend totally off. One day with some work, but not a ton. 

So the balance effort isn't perfect...one side still carries a lot more weight. But it's working well enough right now.

No comments: