Wednesday, February 3, 2021

"you have to get in the habit..."

3 February 2021: “It was the same thing with joy and happiness: you have to get in the habit. You have to practice it.” –Robin Roberts, explaining some of how her experiences as an athlete connected to other parts of her life, on this episode of Don’t Ask Tig

Don’t Ask Tig is a fun podcast, kind of silly and light. But I was really charmed by Roberts on this episode as I listened to it this morning. I know it’s not as easy as she makes it sound (and I know she isn’t saying it’s easy), but in these dark days, I appreciated the reminder that we can consciously elevate our lives. 

Another choice quotation: Roberts notes that her father told her, “When somebody asks you what do you want to be, you tell them you want to be kind.” 


No comments: