Sunday, December 13, 2020

Test #5

13 December 2020: Woke up this morning to an email that my latest COVID test was negative. Each time I take one, I am more nervous and more certain that it will come back positive, despite the fact that I haven't been in CDC-defined "contact" with anyone in...months. But this latest test, which I took on Friday, had me a bit worried. My throat was sore all afternoon and evening and I was sneezing a bit, too. So I was...anxious, even when I felt better on Saturday.

All of this is enough to get me thinking I should maybe go back to March behavior: grocery store every couple of weeks, stay away from the (mostly empty) office as much as possible. It feels we are so close to the finish line even as the situation gets much worse on the ground. I don't know. It's a lot to think about. 

There's a big snowstorm in the forecast for Wednesday. In a normal year, that would make me sad and anxious about being stuck home and alone. But that's been daily life since March in lots of ways. 

Keep telling myself the end is in sight. Just gotta keep vigilant and hopeful.  

No comments: