Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Waiting, praying...

3 November 2020: Did the thing earlier today. Can't remember feeling more somber, tired, overwhelmed, and anxious in a voting place. Matched the vibes in the lines, by the way. Been home all day, working on some stuff, doing some house work/chores. Took a long walk (of course). 

On that walk, a neighbor who I've never really talked to before answered my "How are you?" with a spontaneous download of emotion that I felt so deeply. She's from England which added an extra layer to our discussion.

A few minutes after that, another neighbor--this one someone I am quite friendly with--talked in her driveway for a good give minutes. "Stiff upper-lip, but it's so hard" kind of stuff. It's just so much.

Now we wait and pray.

This smiling-through-clenched teeth pic gives some clues as to my survival strategy: a comfy chair, good light to read by, water to stay hydrated, and the cats, of course. 



No comments: