Monday, November 2, 2020

"Keep Breathing"

2 November 2020: Had a restless night's sleep and got to campus early. The day's business kept me distracted, but eventually the work got mostly done and the drowsiness set back in, reminding me of just how tired I am of everything: this administration and its endless cruelty, hate, and cynicism. This epidemic they've managed so catastrophically. This awful man who just needs to go away. Being so anxious and angry and sad all the time. 

If it doesn't start to end tomorrow--if he doesn't lose--I don't know what I'll do. Sadness, fear, anxiety flooded in as I sat at my desk. And "all we can do is keep breathing" came at me again and again from the Pandora station. 
 
I'm home now, changed into warm, comfy clothes, and am watching some distraction TV. I'll try to sleep tonight and we'll see what tomorrow brings. "All we can do is keep breathing..."

No comments: