Sunday, January 26, 2020

"Anxiety"

26 January 2020: Got a lot done today, but towards the afternoon, very little went according to plan. Nothing too awful, but just frustrating. Like trying to set up the new router Xfinity sent that they said would take twenty minutes to set up. Two hours later, my HD cable channels don’t work and I have to reset the wifi settings on every device in the house. And then, in the midst of all that frustration, I start thinking about everything else and spiraling a bit. Sunday blues and all that, too...

And this Jason Isbell song came to mind as I felt my jaw tightening and my mood darkening over things that in the grand scheme of things were pretty minor.



Things are better now. The cable will get fixed, the devices are (mostly) working again, and I am trying to chill for a bit.

You know what else helps? This Jason Isbell song, which speaks to me even if I can’t literally relate to a bit of it.

No comments: