Wednesday, October 11, 2023

These dreams are a little on the nose...

11 October 2023: Made it to Fall Break, barely. Another very hard day. Still dealing with fallout from academic priorization. And more Senate-related stuff. And then we heard about a colleague's battle with cancer coming to an end. And one of my best friends got some bad news about her beloved cat--a very good cat, indeed. 

As for the post's title, well, here's the dream I had early this morning. I was on a boat with a bunch of people, but more like a pontoon or something with no railings on the edges? These three little girls--including a baby--are near each other as the boat nears a dock. It bumps into it and the three little girls tumble into the water--dark, dark water. I jump--along with some other people--in to try to save them. I am able to grab one of them (not the baby) and she clings to me as I swim upward. The water is so dark and keep swimming and swimming but the surface takes forever to appear. Finally, we make it out and are pulled on the boat. And then I look down the other two aren't out yet. It's already been a long time--and those girls were so little. Just this terrible sense of gloom and horror. 

So yeah...a little on the nose.

Very relieved to have four days of no alarms. Just going to try to stay home, work on my next entry, and give my soul a break. 

No comments: