Saturday, November 26, 2022

Today's (cute) obstacles and distractions...

26 November 2022: Trying to get some work done today and avoiding the office for two reasons: 1) there's a big old football game on campus, which means parking is a challenge and 2) I want to keep an eye on Wesley. Wesley is completely fine with this development, as he is more clingy than he has been in some time. Either that, or he's as clingy as he's always been and I just too willing to indulge him. Regardless, when he's up in your face like this, it's hard to get work done.


How can one write under these conditions, with his little face tucked into my hand?


How can one type in these conditions, with his little paw on the touchpad and his slumber so easily distrubed?

Veronica is also distracting, albeit in different ways. Snapped these earlier today, when gently yelling at her NOT to chew the decades-old fake-flowery thing in this Thanksgiving decoration that used to be my nana's. I ended up winning this battle, but I think it was because I looked away and if she can't play a mind game with me, sometimes she just gives up.



Having just very gently and and successfully relocated Wesley to the couch, I am going to move upstairs to try to get some work done there. 

This is all faux complaining, of course. Blessed and grateful for these adorable, distracting obstacles. 

No comments: