Friday, October 15, 2021

Little steps forward...

15 October 2021: It took about three months, but today our new admin assistant said to me, "Do you live here? You are always here." Yup. That's my brand. In my defense, my goodness: this week saw me making some progress on all kinds of projects, both big and small (and some happening off campus): 
  • Two of four provost semi-finalists visited campus.
  • Scheduled the last (I hope) meeting of the search committee (a big feat for a committee this big)
  • Gave the Scarborough Lecture.
  • Dropped off my car, got it fixed, and picked it up. I was basically car-less for almost three days. Not that big a deal as I live close to campus and Amy was very helpful.
  • My new bedroom furniture got delivered (today) and the old stuff is either gone, relocated, or scheduled to get picked up tomorrow. 
  • Prepared for all of my advising appointments.
  • Made, hung, and posted (online) fliers for my Spring 2022 classes.
  • Finally got back to working on my MAPACA paper.
Don't want jinx anything, but feeling pretty good about being on the downslope of a very busy semester.

No comments: