Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Standing up for herself...

4 April 2023: I've been watching Veronica very closely lately, to make sure she isn't letting Jo run all over her (sometimes literally), especially as Jo gets bigger. For instance, Veronica often lets Jo grab a treat before her or backs off when Jo tries to get her other food.

This evening, I have the front window open and Veronica has claimed the window seat for herself. Each time Jo tries to sort of (play)fight her off it, Veronica slaps back (firmly, with a bit of playfulness). I'm like, "Good for you, BabyCat! You tell her!" 

I keep telling myself that it can take a year for them to get completely used to each other--and maybe more. And Veronica--a unique cat in lots of ways--had years and years of just living with two old boys to whom she deferred on just about everything.  

So...step by step, little by little. 

No comments: