Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Trading monkeys...

12 October 2022: Just before 6:00 tonight, I sent off the documents that complete my work on the current strategic plan implementation committee, getting a monkey off my back. I never really wanted to be on this committee. The President asked me to do it in a time of great stress and change for our school. So I said yes. It added time and stress to my schedule for the past three years. Like herding cats, to mix my animal metaphors. I tried to get some people who should have been doing it to take it over--or get anyone to take it, really. Didn't work. That kind of broke my heart. 

But now it's done. It feels pretty good.

Unfortunately, yesterday I learned that now that we are starting a new strategic plan, I am--by the university's darn constitution--bound to serve on that committee as Faculty Senate President. So, remove one monkey, add one more. 

But for now, there will be a few days (weeks?) of having one fewer monkey. I'll take it. 

No comments: