Thursday, October 20, 2022

Advising prep...

20 October 2022: It's a Fall (and Spring) Break tradition--me going through degree evaluations and planning for my advising sessions, which always start the week after break. Since I really like advising, I don't mind this work, which I usually do with something on TV in the background (in this case, the Yankee playoff game). 

It's neat to work through my checklists, marking off accomplishments and progress, seeing students inch closer to the finish line. This semester includes some nice milestones: a very sweet advisee finally passing Praxis I, another arriving at the stage where our appointment is just me saying, "You did it. Have fun student teaching next semester." 

Also exciting to break out some fresh forms for brand-new students, with their whole Shepherd experience only now unfolding.

No comments: