Saturday, December 18, 2021

Spiderman: No Way Home

18 December 2021: What a fun movie this is! Spiderman has always been my favorite superhero. I don't really care about the others, but a scrappy kid from NY who believes that "with great power comes great responsibility" and who just always feels more grounded (not literally, ha) and real? That works for me. And this movie--for so many reasons--really gives a person who loves Spiderman exactly what they want. 

Every once in a while, I think I should add something to these entries for the sake of a "historical" record of sorts--but less grandiose that that sounds. So here's the thing I am feeling compelled to note: with COVID on the verge of surging everyone again thanks to Omicron, it feels like we are on the verge of something really bleak and that this might be the last time I am willing to go into a semi-crowded theater for a while. Kept my mask on almost the whole time, but still... 

Lord, I miss the old world so much sometimes. And the fact is, if I posted every time I felt that way over these past 19 months, that's all I would post about. It's still just too big and too much. That sadness, fear, and despair brought on by this plague--it's always right there. So we push on and, for the most part, I post about the stuff that sustains us--like fun movies and Spiderman. 

No comments: