Wednesday, December 29, 2021

"Safe Place to Land"

29 December 2021: 

"The ocean is wild and over your head
And the boat beneath you is sinking
Don't need room for your bags, hope is all that you have
So say the Lord's Prayer twice, hold your babies tight
Surely someone will reach out a hand
And show you a safe place to land"

This song came on Pandora today and it hit me so hard. I've heard it so many times before, but something about this specific moment--where I (and we) are right now--just got to me. 


(I am holding off on posting about the Sara Bareilles song that has been my official pandemic anthem until we are really on the other side of this. But when I decided to wait, I don't think I ever dreamed we'd need over two years to get to that point. Something to look forward to, I guess?) 

No comments: