Sunday, September 12, 2021

Balance Day

11 September 2021: 

[Catch-up post]

My work-less day went pretty well except for one minor disaster. Jane and I planned a mutual birthday-get-together for Saturday. After telling myself for weeks not to forget Jane's gift...I forgot Jane's gift, realizing when I was about 40 minutes into my drive. I cried when I realized it and burst into tears again when I got to her apartment. So that was a thing. (And signs--both the forgetting and the flood of tears--that I needed a day off.)

Despite my tears and forgotten present, I had a great time with Jane, walking around Reston Town Center (where there was a fine arts fair going in), going to Trader Joe's (my first time ever!), and just hanging out. It was lovely.

When I got back to Shepherdstown, Amy and I had dinner and then went to one of Dow and Annette's backyard concerts. Perfect night.

No comments: