Sunday, April 5, 2020

Quiet, random, big thoughts...

5 April 2020: I don't know what to focus on, so I'll just list some stuff from today.

1) Listened to this episode of Everything is Alive this morning on my walk and adored it. It's sweet, sad, interesting, funny, even a bit romantic (?), and everything that is wonderful about this show.

2) Re-watched Portrait of a Lady on Fire today while getting some work done and surprise: still love it. Then re-watched Phantom Thread while still getting work done. Yeah: still love this one, too. Stopped myself from watching more.

3) Got texts from Tara with pictures of her family checking on my parents. Tara said my mom bounded out of the house (complete with mask that Christian dropped off yesterday) to see the kids. My dad was already outside weeding.  And looking at those pictures, I felt all kind of things, including deep love and sadness. I have no idea when I will see any of them again, which sounds more dramatic than I mean for it to, but it is factually true and that's just strange.

4) Currently re-reading A Tale for the Time Being, which we are starting later this week in American Ethnic Literature. And yeah: still love this one, too. What a perfect time to dip back into it.

5) Put the ipod on shuffle earlier today and this track by the Wailin' Jennys came on. Thinking about  it now, as evening just starts to set in. 

"All o'er the world, as it turns and it turns, the stars twinkle off and on,
And we come and go: away, but never gone."

No comments: