Thursday, June 4, 2009

Greensboro Visit: Aaron's Graduation Party

The main reason for my visit was, of course, Aaron's graduation party, hosted by David. Some pictures from that night...and yes, there was karaoke.


Will (who refuses to smile normally in pictures), Vogel, and John. John is the father of one of the coolest and cutest kids in the world, Emma. Emma was at the party too (along with Sarah, her mom and John's wife). When Sarah told us that Emma loved to sing and dance, we decided that we needed to do a number for her. Unfortunately, the karaoke machine did not have her current favorite song (Beyonce's "Single Ladies"), but we learned that she also loves Abba. So....


Vogel, me, and Will singing "Take a Chance on Me" for Emma.


Emma and her mom watching us sing. Emma, we would learn, though, is no mere observer.


Soon, she joined in, singing along with us. Folks, if you want people to actually enjoy your karaoke singing, having a baby join you is a surefire way to make that happen. Well, that and having a good singing voice. We went with the baby option.


Vogel and Deirdre. Notice the orange object on the bottom of the picture. David threw a carrot. We don't know why.


David and Craig.


David and I dueting. I think this was when we did "A Whole New World" (from Alladin). David didn't really know the words and it was way out of my range, so I don't think it was that pleasant for anyone listening. But it was fun.


Courtney and I bringing some Latin flavor to the night, doing a bit of Enrique Iglesias. "Bailamos!"


Cameron, Kenny, and Aaron. (Cameron and Kenny are Aaron's friends from way back...)


Another shot of Aaron and his friends, this time joined by Jason.

A very fun night!

2 comments:

AMT said...

Baby karaoke is hilarious!

Helen said...

Looks like you all had a great time Heidi. I am totally obsessed with karaoke singing and I was looking on the Internet at the new karaoke machines and found some really good ones at singtotheworld.com. They also sell discs that you customize yourself with your own tracks and myself and my friends have already bought several discs for our girly nights in.