Thursday, April 29, 2010

A few links...

It's been a long week, but (finally!) I am making progress on two big projects--both due on Friday--and will reward myself with a bit o' bloggin'. (Yes, I still have all of that grading to do, but that's another story.)

First, I'm just going to come out and say it: Chuck and Sarah are my favorite TV couple right now--one of my favorite TV couples ever. As I've mentioned before, this show just makes me smile. Not to sound too cheesy, but after a long, rough, and stressful Monday, for that one hour, I was in a much better mood. It's the perfect combination of good storytelling, humor, drama, and fabulous acting. The music's pretty awesome, too. I love that the writers let Chuck and Sarah get together (take notes, "Bones" writers, this is how it can be done!) without diminishing any of the show's energy (so far.) Check out this bit of Chuck Love from the folks at gawker.tv.

Second, I think this guy was probably in one of my classes at some point. Give it a read and find yourself moving from laughter to tears and then back to laughter. My other teacher friends no doubt understand my point: "I emailed you, Dr. H. Did you get it? How come you didn't respond? It's been a whole 2 hours!"

Third, from this morning's insidehighered.com, a pretty cool tribute to Susan Gubar from a former student that also goes a step further, asking important questions about curricular requirements, specifically about seminars.

Okay, now onto those 70 ENGL 204 papers...

No comments: